Gift Ideas - Handmade and Other

Monday, October 14, 2013

Day 14: Invincible Faith

As I became more and more involved in ministry, there were times I felt tossed about like a leaf in the wind. People's expectations, tragic losses at our church, and difficult relationships swirled around me and I longed for an anchor. I verbalized my dream this way,

"I want to live a life of invincible faith where I am so focused on God and obeying Him, 
I am unshaken and unruffled by the people and circumstances around me."

However, I AM sometimes shaken and ruffled by the things that happen around me. Last year about 90% of my support system (in the city where I live, thankfully not in my whole life!!) collapsed due to one circumstance or another and I was shaken and ruffled - yet the anchor held. My focus was blurred at times, but God was neither shaken, ruffled, nor was His vision blurry.

A few lines from a Ray Boltz song come to mind:

The anchor holds
Though the ship is battered
The anchor holds
Though the sails are torn

I have fallen on my knees
As I faced the raging sea
The anchor holds
In spite of the storm


So thankful that Christ remains stable, an anchor even when I am shaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment