Gift Ideas - Handmade and Other

Friday, July 18, 2014

Time to Bloom

Five Minute Friday - 300 seconds of writing without editing, just writing. Join in over at Lisa Jo Baker's. Today's prompt is BLOOM . . . ready . . . set . . . write:

Back in the days when I lived in a house rather than an apartment, I loved to plant flowers. Especially morning glories. I liked to prepare the dirt for planting, insert the seeds, and wait for them to grow. And grow they did with a little sun and a little water. Finally viney stems would appear that would creep slowly up the strings I had prepared for them and eventually they would bloom -- pink, blue, white -- beautiful blossoms.
freedigitalphotos.net

I love the parallels between plants and life. Others plant seeds in our lives - seeds of wisdom, of character, of a dream. We plant seeds in the lives of others. The water and sun of relationships, learning, failure and success, and adversity help those seeds to grow. And we must weed. We. Must. Weed out the negativity and naysayings and difficulties and character flaws that would sidetrack us. Eventually with water, sun, and weeding of our lives we too BLOOM to become something wonderful, something wonderful that started with a tiny seed.

Stop.

What seeds have you planted in others?
What seeds have been planted in you that have bloomed? that you're still waiting for?

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandi (@Fitzysmom)July 18, 2014 at 1:06 AM

    Hello from #fmf
    Weeding is no fun. Watering, watching the plant bloom, now that's fun. But if we don't weed the weeds will choke out our beautiful blossoms. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Brandi. The part of gardening I dislike the most is the weeding and I don't like it in my life much either, but have been learning the lesson that weeding is so very important.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, that weeding... so necessary and yet so easy to leave undone until it's a problem. Thank you for the reminder.

    (PS: I've been told I'm a good encourager and affirmer with my silly cartoon drawings and notes... I like to believe I'm sowing peace and joyful contentment. I'm still waiting for some significant blooms from dreams that were planted years ago. Guess they're getting patience to sprout first!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, thanks for stopping by!! I love your P.S. Many times we have planted and blossoms have bloomed that we don't know about for a long time. Take heart that the seeds you are planting are growing and bearing fruit even when you don't see them.

      Delete
  4. This blog reminded me of what flowers go through to bloom. If you think about it, all the living things that need water to grow, have to whittle a storm.. I think us as humans are the same thing. We need to go through hard times to bloom into the good ..times. .... thank you for giving me this reminder. I am stopping over from FMF

    - Karen
    Finding The Grace Within
    http://www.findingthegracewithin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, thanks so much for stopping in! I enjoy my FMF friends visits! Yes, I think you are right, we often do need to go through hard times to bloom into the good ones. What's the saying? "God never wastes a hurt"?

      Delete
  5. Love the morning glories. And there's kind of a satisfaction in pulling out the weeds. Hard work lets lovely things spring open wide, yes?

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, so glad to have you visit! Yes it is satisfying when it is done and yes, I think it does let lovely thing open up . . . I'm still waiting to see some of those in my own life, but hopeful!

      Delete