Gift Ideas - Handmade and Other

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Letting Go and Listening

Another Five Minute Friday, when we gather to write unfettered and free for five minutes.

Overhead the sunlight filters through the shifting leaves. Below me the hammock gently sways. Around me the gentle breeze caresses my cheeks and lifts my hair ever so slightly. In the distance the sound of water tumbling over rocks provides a soothing backdrop. I relax.

The stresses of the past days and weeks . . . the weight of caring for an aging parent . . . an impending financial crisis . . . life-changing decisions to be made . . . concern for people I love . . . all begin to fade as the breeze continues to caress my skin.

My eyes drift shut.

My shoulders soften and the muscles relax.

In the quiet I hear a still a small voice, only a whisper, saying, "'I Am the Lord who Will Provide' and I love you. You are my own. I have plans for you . . . plans for good and not for harm. Rest in Me." The echo of the whisper stays in my heart and mind, calming, comforting, refreshing.



6 comments:

  1. Thank you, Darlene, for the moment of peace you gave me tonight. I felt my own shoulders relax, and wished I was in a hammock of my own! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, I'm so glad if I gave you a moment of peace . . . we all need those in our crazy, hectic lives. Blessings and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I am with you a river is my go to spot to hear God's voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sound of the water is soooo soothing! Thanks for stopping in Cassi

      Delete
  3. Yes! Yes! Yes! He provides and He is with us always. What a gentle quiet reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashley! I appreciate you stopping in and your encouraging words.

      Delete